Thursday, May 03, 2007

Pink Geraniums for Bertie and Jim


Pink Geraniums for Bertie and Jim • this painting is sold

Hopefully in our lives we have the unbelievable luck to meet special people and form deep and lasting friendships. I have two friends that are very, very dear to me. Jim and Bertie Musselman. Jim Musselman was my high school art teacher almost 30 years ago. But he wasn't only an art teacher ... he was, and is, a life teacher. He recently celebrated his 92nd birthday and is as sharp and passionate and caring as ever. And I'm so lucky that he cares about me. Bertie, his wife and also a woman that I'm so proud to call 'friend', is kind and thoughtful and every bit as grand as Jim. And ... she's so pretty and sports the greatest pair of legs to boot!

My day was wheelchairs and VAST and hospital mixups and tears ... and then running from the nursing home to Arts Ovation. And there at table number one, were Jim and Bertie ... As wonderful and loving and thoughtful as ever. They're legendary in the Lehigh Valley. And I just can't even say how much they have steered my life. I have the unbelievable luck to call two such loving people 'friend'.

With the conclusion of Arts Ovation, Bertie came over and presented me with the beautiful large pink geranium centerpiece. I'm going to give it to my Mother from Jim and Bertie, but wanted to paint this little painting for them to say 'Thank You'.

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home