Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day • Bleeding Hearts


Bleeding Hearts


Phoebe Ministries


Gazebo at Phoebe Ministries

Mother's Day • Bleeding Hearts

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. What do you give the woman who bore you, raised you and loved you for 46 years? This is the first Mother's Day that my Mother will not celebrate the day in her home. She now resides at Phoebe Ministries. Phoebe Ministries is a care facility located in a beautiful stone mansion sharing the grounds with lovely gardens, a gazebo, a bandshell and several porches overlooking the picturesque landscape. My Mother's room has two large windows and she can see the pink dogwoods in blossom. Ethel, the resident cat, has found comfort lying on my Mother's bed and windowsill.

We always had a 'Bleeding Heart' bush in our backyard. Around Mother's Day, the crimson and pink 'hearts' are in blossom. Whenever I see these flowers, I always think of 'home'.

Happy Mother's Day Mom

I love you
xoxo
Ann

If you would like to purchase a 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. These paintings are priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,

The bleeding hearts brought back memories since my mom and
grandma always had them in our garden back on the farm.

Great composition in this one. Keep up the great work.

Paul

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ~

I love your bleeding heart painting! Absolutely beautiful!
Thanks for sharing -
Colleen

10:52 PM  
Blogger Madison Moore said...

What a lovely thought for your Mom. I'm sure she is pleased. God Bless you.
k. Madison
http://kmadisonmoore.blogspot.com

8:50 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

I love this painting. I have a photograph of a bleeding heart plant that's I've always wanted to attempt drawing.

Yours is just beautiful.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home