Friday, April 27, 2007

Special K


Special K

I brought home 8 little boxes of cereal from the grocey store ... I had wanted to paint the Special K because the box has such an attractive and identifiable look. This will be tomorrow's breakfast treat.

Arrrrgh .... the second most frustrating thing is not being able to access the internet ... when your ISP (internet service provider) is down. Of course this also includes repeating the same sad story for every technician you phone ... and you're phoning twenty times a day. This also includes being put on hold .. and don't believe them when they say they're coming right back. They're not. Yesterday, while on hold, I listed to Pachabel's Canon for about 10 hours. It's frustrating, it makes you go a little nutty .... AND on top of it all, you're not getting emails and not uploading your paintings. Which can mean that you're also losing money. And I NEED to be online so I can bring my paintings to you.

But THE most frustrating thing is when your ISP goes down and they don't let you know in advance. No warning. No heads up. Soooo ... you think it's your modem, your computer, your phone lines etc. You're unplugging and replugging in, going through tech support, calling up other ISPs in case you want to make a change, calling up your own ISP and finding that they have you listed under dial-up AND listed under 'inactive'. Transfer to supervisor. Oops, wrong information ... or 'jeeze we don't know WHAT's wrong ?????'

But, here there was a power outage with my ISP (rhymes with Earthfink) in the Philadelphia area. Of which I am. BUT, no warning, no info, no heads up .... after two days of phone calls, tech support, trouble shooting, angst, crying and reaching the end of my rope (I can only imagine the comments they have about me in their notes), I have received an email stating that they are comping me one month. Ok ... I'll take it. And two aspirins as well.

It's good to be back online !!

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home