Sunday, April 15, 2007

Red Apple


Red Apple

I just love poking my nose around the produce aisles. All the colors and textures ... the orange, yellows and greens of the apples and citrus fruits ... the purple and red and sage colors of the vegetables ... the complex design of the asparagus ... the textures and color variations of the nuts. There's a whole world of subjects to paint in the produce aisle.

But, one wonders what one is thinking as they're noticing a woman observing the distinctive lines of an apple .. the lengths of the stem ... the natural, yet desirable imperfections on the deep crimson skin. Once, when I was at the Farmers' Market examining a large red onion, I noticed the sales woman staring at me. 'They all taste the same' she barked ... 'are you going to buy it or not'?

Since then, when shopping, I try to keep my fruit and vegetable observations at an acceptable level. .... unless, of course, no one's watching.

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home