Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Grandma's Phone


Grandma's Phone * this painting is sold

I must admit, although I appreciate today's technology, there's a soft spot in my heart for the earlier every day items that proudly took their place in our parents' and grand parents' homes. Although I do have several phones in my apartment - three working phones, one 'backup' phone, one cell phone - I have two very special phones as well. Grandma's rotary phones ... and both red. Grandma called them the 'direct line to the White House'. One red rotary phone stands ready in my kitchen, one sits quietly in my bathroom.

Maybe you have experienced how challenging life was with a rotary phone in a push button world ... but, now that I have my 'dial tone' phones, everything is a lot easier ... however, I still have my 'direct line to the White House' just in case ...

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

www.annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Bowser said...

Love this one! I, too, am a big fan of the rotary phone. My parents still have one in their den. Excellent work...

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home