Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tomato


Tomato

Ahhh ... the juicy red tomato. Anxiously I await spring so I can head to the local greenhouse and buy my herbs and vegetable plants. Last year I grew all of my plants from seeds that I started in my living room window box. However, after a somewhat lengthy investment of devotion and a greater questionable bounty, I have happily decided that I enjoy just heading to the greenhouse and filling my cart with a wonderful crop of basil, thyme, sage, tarragon, dill ... and tomato and pepper plants suitable for containers. I balance my garden off with feathery ferns and red geraniums. The fountain trickle adds a soothing harmony to a lovely setting .... Ahhh Spring ....

GREEN TOMATO POEM

The green tomato gave a frown
and heaved a fretful sigh.
"I'm bored with hanging round this plant.
I want to dance ... to fly."

Her grumbling words were overheard
by a passing scientist,
and trying to be helpful, he
set out to grant her wish.

The little green tomato
thought the scientist was God.
So she let him pluck her from the plant
and wed her to a cod.

And now the green tomato
has a great life, thanks to him.
She may not dance; she may not fly,
but blimey, can she swim!

Anonymous

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home