Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Candy Buttons (revised)


Candy Buttons (revised)
Well ... I first painted this painting on February 21st, 2007. I tell ya, I just wasn't totally happy with it. And, since I've had a few inquiries about this painting, I didn't want it to find a new home without going back and seeing how I could improve it. I reworked the background from a raw umber feel to a more grey-violet. I think that the grey-violet agrees with the subject matter as well as the color balance. I added shadows to the buttons and whitened the white of the paper. I feel better now ... but I can't fully promise that I'm not tempted to rework it just one more time.

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home