Monday, February 05, 2007

King Oscar Sardines


King Oscar Sardines

King Oscar Sardines are named after King Oscar II of Sweden and Norway. His name and face are the Trademark for the brand. He gave his permission during his reign as King of Norway in 1902 and the food products are still sold "By Special Royal Permission". His name was originally used only for export products, but in 1998 the brand was introduced in Norway and has become a top-seller.

King Oscar Brisling Sardines come in different size cans, with different quantities of fish in different sauces. The more fish in a can, the smaller the fish and the better quality.

I actually have never tasted Sardines from a can, BUT, I am an experimenter when it comes to new things. I already love Smoked Oysters in a can and,
while attending art school in Paris, Sardines were a treasured indulgence with my Salade Nicoise ... So ... I look forward to a chilled glass of oaky Chardonnay and some crusty dark bread paired with lovely, salty Sardines ... hmmm ... maybe shared with a friend who also is a lover of great tastes ...

King Oscar Sardines


If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Law said...

Hi Ann
I just had to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. For this lover of food, facts and fine painting...you really hit the mark! I hope you enjoy your first taste of Sardines!!

9:17 AM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Hey Chuck, thanks! Yes, with loving All foods, I would find it surprising not enjoying the sardines as well ... looking forward to it!

Thank you for the great note!

Best,

Ann

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home