Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Wein Cork


Wein Cork • this painting is sold

I have been lucky to exhibit my paintings in Germany. The first exhibition was of my 'Cocktail' Series ... they hired a accomplished German Accordionist (the Accordionist to the President of Germany) and they served Manhattan Cocktails ... right down to the Maraschino Cherry! Two years later, my next exhibition in Germany was 'The Music Series'. The exhibition was in the Music School built in 1380 A.D. The Lord Mayor of Schwaebisch Gmuend spoke and the Cultural Mayor of Antibes Juan les Pins attended - and, as a gift, presented a 100 bottles of Rosé wine for the festivities. I'm still pinching myself. Germany is a beautiful country and I've made wonderful and compassionate friends whom I miss every day. The German countryside is how we picture it - very quaint with half-timbered homes and cobblestone streets ... and red geraniums in the window boxes ... but ... with all of their charming little villages, the technology is quite amazing ... not to mention their cars and autoban ... and the wine ...

My brother Jim and his girlfriend Diana found this little bottle cork at a local yard sale and picked it up for me. A little treasure ...

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

info@annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home