Monday, November 13, 2006

Crayola Crayons


Crayola Crayons

Crayola brand crayons were the first kids crayons ever made, invented by cousins, Edwin Binney and C. Harold Smith. The brand's first box of eight Crayola crayons made its debut in 1903. The crayons were sold for a nickel and the colors were black, brown, blue, red, purple, orange, yellow and green. The word Crayola was created by Alice Stead Binney (wife of Edwin Binney) who took the French words for chalk (craie) and oily (oleaginous) and combined them.

Today, there are over one hundred different types of crayons being made by Crayola including crayons that: sparkle with glitter, glow in the dark, smell like flowers, change colors, and wash off walls and other surfaces and materials.

In 1900, the company purchased a stone mill in Easton, PA. For more information about Crayola, please visit:

www.crayola.com

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.
info@annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

1 Comments:

Blogger wendy said...

I love crayons. I love opening the box for the first time. I just had my student complete a drawing of color pencils. I will show them your painting of crayons...I am certain they will love it as do I.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home