Thursday, November 09, 2006

Altoids


Altoids

I will try to relate this story as true as I can remember it as told to me by my brother's girlfriend. Now, my brother will stress that his girlfriend and I may sometimes have a way of embellishing or exaggerating a tale. We deny it ... but with that said:

My brother and his girlfriend (who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent) have traveled to many places. However, one of their favorite places to visit is London, England.... and they have been there several times.
They love the formality and the frivolity. They love the history, the castle, the little shops, the pubs and the people.

On this particular occasion, they wanted to tour the House of Commons and the House of Lords. Certainly and understandably there needs to be a modicum of security when hundreds of people are entering and exiting Parliament each day. However, if you have ever met my brother and his girlfriend you would readily agree that they are
the most respectful, least threatening and purely honest pair of tourists you'd ever cross paths with. They would probably declare a stick of gum.

When it was my brother's turn to walk through the metal detectors at the House of Commons, metal was detected. The bells and whistles sounded, panic ensued, and all eyes turned to see the perpetrator... The Bobby rushed over, checked for his billy club, peered into my brother's eyes and demanded:

What is that? WHAT IS THAT?? (pointing repeatedly to my brother's front pocket) ....

quietly and with the meekness of a mouse .... my brother uttered the word:

Altoids ....

Altoids: Curiously Strong

Us recounting a story: Curiously Contestable, Indubitably Delightful ...


Altoids, the Original Celebrated 'Curiously Strong' Mints were first produced in England at the turn of the 19th century during the reign of King George III. Smith & Co. (est. 1780), the small London firm that developed the original 'curiously strong' recipe, later became part of Callard & Bowser, a prestigious English confectioner founded in 1837. Altoids Peppermints are specially formulated peppermint lozenges many times stronger than ordinary mints.

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please email me. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.
info@annelizabethschlegel.com

Thank You!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call Altoids mints "Prescription Strength Peppermint". Great paintings!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home