Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Three Habañeros


Three Habañeros • this painting is sold


Looking down over the 'Arts Park' under construction -- with the Art Museum in the distance



Trumpet and Mandolin Bas Relief (1st day)


Looking down and not seeing the bottom ....


Symphony Hall from a side street

FEAR

Today I felt real fear. Not like the 'fear of rejection' or 'fear of failure' ... but another fear...

Great things are happening in our city with a focus on the arts. The Art Museum is expanding, there is an Art Park being created, the Symphony is starting their new year, downtown is having a rebirth.... and, five of us are painting a 90 foot mural on the back exterior wall of Symphony Hall. Normally, I would say this is great (although I'm not a fan of murals, this design is incredible!). However, for some crazy reason I was referred because of my history of painting musical instruments, and, for an even crazier reason that I haven't even come to terms with yet, I accepted.

My Great Grandfather was a bricklayer, and I don't know the exact details, but I do know that he was working very high up on a building many, many years ago, before I was born. He was perched on scaffolding.... and he fell, and sadly, he didn't survive.

So... as I'm climbing up the ladders to where I'm painting, he is in my thoughts. I pray that he will look over me and keep me safe. And although I'm frightened of heights, they assure me that it is safe.

So... maybe day after day, the fear will subside. I have made a pact with the boys who paint on the highest level of scaffolding.... on or before the last day, I will climb to the top .... over 90 feet up .... they tell me the view is heavenly ....

Three Habañeros

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please visit my website. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

Thank You!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivienne said...

hot hot hot....nice paintwork!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Jeff Ward said...

Red hot juicy goodness :)

7:10 AM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Well, Bravo to you girlfriend!
That takes guts. Your instrument pictures are beautiful.
So talented. I'm sure that Great Grampa and your Mom are looking down on you always. I choose to believe that we are spirits having a human experience.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home