Saturday, October 21, 2006

Shiraz


Shiraz Grape Leaf • this painting is sold


The Comparison


The Set Up


The Vineyard


Grey Skies

It was cold in the vineyard today...and the wind was chilly upon my face... Sam, the vintner, stopped by where I was painting and treated me to a bottle of their Chambourcin. It was earthy and rich and felt warm in comparison.

The day reminded me of the film 'the snowman'. In the beginning, before the animation begins, the author is walking in the chilly, brisk early winter air. ... it was that kind of day. The geese were flying toward the setting sun, the crisp vineyard leaves were rustling and there was chattering from the birds in the distant trees beyond the vines.

There was also a unique quietness in the day. A day that lets you think and reminisce ... A day for sweaters and candles and hot tea and the need to hear the voice of a loved one.

Autumn is nearing its end.

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please visit my website. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

Thank You!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shanti Marie said...

I like reading your small writings about your days. I grew up on a vineyard so the vineyard photos are especially nice. Thats one BIG leaf!

The color is great! Keep painting, I'll check back.

9:53 AM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Thank you everyone for your interest in this painting. This painting has a lovely home with my dear friend, Brenda. Thanks Brenda xo

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home