Thursday, October 26, 2006

Oysters and Pearls


Oysters and Pearls


Dave and Sharon

I lived in Cape May, NJ for six years. There was a little shop that featured an aquarium filled with oysters. You could pick an oyster and the shop keeper would shuck it for you. You were guaranteed a pearl in every oyster.

Years later my friend Sharon and I were sipping wine at the Apollo Grill. She had never tasted oysters on the half-shell, so we treated ourselves to six. Needless to say, she loved them. We ordered six more ... Now Sharon, her boyfriend Dave and I love to stop in Youell's Oyster House. When you sit at the bar and order a beverage (Monday-Thursday 5:00-7:00), you are treated to four oysters on the half-shell. Complimentary! You just can't beat that!

Dave and Sharon are two of the most thoughtful and generous people that I know .... and they're fun, fun, fun! So, for Sharon's birthday I wanted to present a painting to her that would have special meaning. So here you go -- Happy Birthday, Sharon!

And if you know Sharon and Dave, you'll know that they are truly the finest pearls in the oyster.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

excellent treatment of a difficult subject (I am guessing...never painted an oyster)...and the story is nice, too

12:52 PM  
Blogger Jeff Ward said...

Wonderful painting and one of my favorites on here-- beautifully done.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Chuck Law said...

Here I've been admiring your paintings and I read that you used to live in Cape May. It's nice to see a blogger who is (or was I should say) not so very far away.
Very Fine study of the Oysters.
...chuck

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite paintings on your site!
-Drew

5:39 PM  
Blogger thonmom06 said...

...ditto to all the other comments...Sharon is a personal friend and I couldn't agree more about the two of them! ~ Sylvia

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home