Thursday, October 12, 2006

Lucky


Lucky


Scaffolding • Relief of French Horn


Mural on Symphony Hall

Lucky

Lucky ... I really feel lucky. Ok, ok... so I am not comfortable on high scaffolding ... and by high up, I mean only a third of the way up. But, for me, that's still way up. I'm afraid of looking down from high places. I feared that the carnival ride operator would stop our cart at the highest point of the Ferris Wheel and my 'brave' (ex) boyfriend would enjoy the look of panic on my face while he made the cart swing back and forth. I regretted the adventurous decision as the roller coaster clicked its way to the highest peak envisioning that it would malfunction and we would have to exit our carts at 200 feet in the air. I never understood why I ever stood in line for the Dominator ride which reels you to the highest point and lets you wait ... not knowing when it will thrust you back to the earth... but I've done it. I've done them all.... and question why?

So... what is it that lets one person tolerate heights but not the other. Not even tolerate... but embrace... enjoy? This evening I chatted with a man who sets the scaffolding on the highest bridges in New York City. Over 350 feet up and he enjoys it.
ENJOYS it! He feels that he's up in the air, on his own, he can Breathe .... and he has the greatest view. So I asked him 'doesn't he panic with the 'looking down' ... he stared back blankly. 'No' .. he said. No fear. Only exhileration. I stared back blankly at him, too.

Well, my work is finished
on the Bas Relief Instruments. I feel lucky to have been a part of it (albeit very small). And, am lucky to be on the ground looking up at this beautiful piece of art.

Lucky

I'm lucky to have worked with Mike Webb. Mike Webb is the designer and main artist for the mural at Symphony Hall. This is the beautiful mural seen from the steps of the Art Museum... beyond the art park. Mike is extremely skilled and imaginative as a person and artist.

Thank you Mike for the great experience to work with you -

Ann


If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please visit my website. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

Thank You!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Nice job on the dice, I tried painting them once and was not at all happy with the results.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Hayes said...

Impressive project to be working on!

1:00 AM  
Blogger VH McKenzie said...

Glad to see you're back 0-- missed you for a couple of days.

I really like these dice -- can dice be luscious? I guess so, cuz they are. I like how you captured the light passing through them, coloring their shadows.

Wow on the scaffolding job. You're brave....

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home