Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Deb calls 'Red'


Deb calls 'Red' • this painting is sold

Parcheesi ... A Backgammon Game of India

I love this game. We as children played lots of games... BUT... we never 'really' knew the exact rules. For instance .... if all of your men are out of 'home' space ... and you roll doubles... you actually get to move the number of the top of the 'die' and the bottom of the 'die'. The top and bottom of the die always equal seven.... So, if you had remembered that doubles (after all four men are out) equal fourteen spaces... you can take them with each of the top numbers and bottom numbers of the dice. It's all there in the directions.

I was the highest bidder on Ebay for this particular Parcheesi game. Deb and I love to play games... Scrabble, cards, Parcheesi etc.. so, although Deb had an old game of Parcheesi with the 'disk' men ... she didn't have the Parcheesi manufactured from Selchow and Righter... with the large men.... I knew our game night would be enhanced... So, for Deb's 50th birthday... I gave her this classic Parcheesi ... and for me .... I get to paint it ... let the Games Begin!!!

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please visit my website. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

Thank You!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Vidmar McCarthy said...

Lovely job on my "favorite" game!!
:-) You know what a tough time I have following those numbers! But, hey, it's a wonderful painting! When are we playing again! I'm a winner, remember?
Love,
Sharon

1:23 PM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Let's work on the 'toilet paper' game first and we'll go from there ....

No... really ... Soon I hope .. Yes, YOU are the Winner!! A 'W' for your forehead! ... and I don't mean 'Dubyah' -- love you, too...

1:36 PM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I KNEW IT.
Parcheesi. Nope, we never knew the rules either. What was up with that?

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home