Sunday, September 24, 2006

Grapes for Maizey


'Grapes for Maizey' 6" x 6" • this painting is sold


notice the 'just started' glass of wine... and the 'just started' painting

notice the 'almost finished' glass of wine ... and the 'almost finished' painting!



Challenges.

I believe that most people have challenges in their life. I also believe that artists have challenges that are unique to their profession. Speaking specifically for myself ... my challenges for the most part end in 'i.o.n.'.

For instance 'Organization' or sometimes 'Inspiration' .. that can result in 'indigestion' .. or better yet 'libation'- oh... that's not a challenge ... but the most challenging challenge for me doesn't end in 'i.o.n.' and that's 'income'.... (as many artists may concur).

But sometimes life experience goes beyond any price tag.

Today I was invited to paint in the vineyard of my friends, John and Jan Landis. They are the owners/vintners of 'Vynecrest Winery'. Picture this.... I show up and Jan asks her son (also a wine maker) Sam (earthy and complex with great tannins) to uncork the 2005 Cabernet Franc - my favorite wine in all of the world - and set me up with a bottle and glass in the picnic area in the center of their vineyard... birds, clouds, quietness, vines and the best visitors turned friends that you'd ever want to meet. Maizey, their yellow lab, rolling around on the grass or happily standing by my side, wagging her tail and treating me like an old pal. What a peaceful, grounded, soulful day painting in the vineyard. That's when the unpleasant words ending in 'i.o.n.' turn into words like... 'perfection'.


If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please visit my website. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

Happy Birthday Dad!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shanti Marie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

I painted somw grapes to.

http://shantimarie.wordpress.com/

5:10 PM  
Blogger cheryl meehan said...

I love your stories and paintings too. Maybe you should consider publishing a book of your blogs with the paintings. I'll bet you could find a publisher! Now I'm getting excited! Could help the financial end of i.o.n. problems. Take care, Cheryl Meehan

6:38 PM  
Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

Thank you to both!

Cheryl ... hmmm.... well, if a publisher happens to see my site and wants to talk ... I'm all for it!

Thank you for your positive comments.

10:33 PM  
Blogger David said...

Ann -- sounds like a near perfect day! And your painting has come our wonderfully, too. I'm really enjoying your style as I go through your work here. Your shadows are worked so nicely and your palette is so cohesive. Ah! I'll be back soon!

Cheers,

David

11:20 PM  
Blogger David Lloyd Smith said...

Beautiful piece, Ann...

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home