Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Darts from the Olde Brewery Tavern


'Darts from the Olde Brewery Tavern' 6" x 6"

So.... today I was going to paint pool balls ... but, saw an incredible (!) rendition on 'Daily Painters' by James Neil Hollingsworth and a). didn't want to seem like I'm encroaching on ideas and b). wanted to let the 'hoopla' over his painting subside a while before my humble undertaking. (not in any particular order).

So I went in search of darts. I stopped in two 'toy' stores, one 'sports' shop and one 'sporting goods supply store'.... nothing. Not one dart. By this time I had made my mind up - and I was on a mission to find darts... so where better to find them than an old corner bar - The Olde Brewery Tavern.

Sure enough, when I walked in, there was the dart board. I relayed my plight to the barmaid and she happily handed over one dart. Complimentary.

I felt badly about accepting her gift and just walking out .... so I pulled up a bar stool, sat myself down.... and enjoyed a nice cold Guinness. The bar was incredibly dark, incredibly smokey and it was only just after the noon hour. But, what the heck .... sometimes we have to suffer for our art.

If you would like to purchase this 6" x 6" oil painting on stretched canvas, please visit my website. This painting is priced at $100.00 plus s/h.

Thank You!

1 Comments:

Blogger PaintingEachDay said...

P.S. 'Thank You, Brenda, for the idea to paint darts....'

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home