Sunday, September 17, 2006

Butterscotch for Bud


'Butterscotch for Bud' 6" x 6" • My Dad's Birthday Present

This painting is in honor of my Father. Although his name is John, Mary Schlegel, my Grandmother, would always call him 'Bud'. Many happy childhood memories of long drives through the countryside ... my Father with either a toothpick or a butterscotch candy in his mouth ... or if not, he'd be telling a funny story or whistling a tune. He's quick witted and kind - thoughtful and humble ... the kind of guy you'd be happy to call 'friend' ... Happy Birthday, Dad! (9/24).

4 Comments:

Blogger James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Gorgeous! I love it.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

For such a simple subject, this is such a rich painting! I also like the story that goes with it.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Jeff Ward said...

I agree, this is simplicity at it's best. A good dose of this can go a long way. I'm really liking the limited pallete and your handling of the candy and wrapper-- sublime!

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home