Monday, August 15, 2011

Walking and Sunning ...

Sunday ... August 14th. Today I trekked 20 kilometers ... that's about 12.5 miles. It was no problem because I was surrounded by everything beautiful. I walked from Patricia's apartment all the way to Juan les Pins. I took off my shoes, skirt and shirt and plopped down on my towel to bathe under the soleil. très fantastique ... and then a long awaited swim in the Mediterranean ... cool and refreshing. ... now WHERE did I put my bikini top ??


This beautiful structure is the Villa Fontaine. I lived here for three months in 2009. I was the first artist to be asked ... and I chose the months of June, July and August ... c'est parfait ... I experienced some of the happiest times of my life here ... and was glad to also share my fortune with Jim and Diana ... they stayed for two weeks. The view from the upstairs bedroom is spectacular ... so spectacular that robbers will scale the outside stone wall JUST to have a look ! And then take everything that you have.

It's such a shame that this happened because it had such a definite impact on my life ... but also took some of the joy out of my time there ... I was crushed. But, I'm hoping that the powers that be will bring me back again ... to have another chance ... I hope, I Hope, J'espère !!!

Christopher, this photo is for you ...


Bas Castelet ... the street where I lived

Hotel du Cap ... Eden Roc. This fantastically breathtaking hotel is reputed to be the MOST beautiful hotel in all of the world ... and it's in Antibes. Cap d'Antibes that is. It's spectacular ... my one desire is to swim in the beautiful infinity pool nestled in the rocks just a short walk behind this hotel ... it's lavish ...

Hotel du Cap

Approaching Hotel du Cap from behind ...

The beaches in Juan les Pins

I've always loved this beautiful sculpture ... it has a very 'deco' feel for me ... great Gatsby ... the era of discovering summer life in Juan les Pins ... Gerald and Sara Murphy, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hemmingway ...

There's something beautiful and timeless about this sculpture ... and yet ... a feeling of ... waiting ... maybe for her fFhasap .... just like me ...

So today I will walk to the Plage de la Gravette. I had intended to lie there in the sand yesterday ... but as soon as I saw the white sands of Juan les Pins, I took the first opportunity.

If you are seeking a beautiful sunny place to visit, I highly recommend the French Riviera ... the Cote d'Azur ... you might remember seeing glimpses of it in 'French Kiss' ... or 'To Catch a Thief' ... or James Bond movies ...

Or, if you prefer to stay put and maybe acquire a 'French Riviera' painting for your home or office ... please visit my website ... and click on the Antibes series ... maybe you will find something that speaks to you as well ...

www.annelizabethschlegel.com


à tout à l’heure



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home