Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Returning to Antibes ...

Antibes Juan les Pins

Returning to Antibes. For the next two weeks I will be once again in Antibes. I am looking forward to seeing the staggering beauty of the old village and the very blue and beautiful Mediterranean. My plans are to walk, walk and walk some more ... and lay on the sand at the Plage de la Gravette ... eat wonderful things from the sea, fresh salads and sip chilled rose wines. That's it. That, and sharing stories with my friends.

And, although I love Antibes de tout mon coeur, I go with trepidation as I am still wounded by the terrible robbery when I was the artist in residence. I will worry about my purse, my camera and my computer ... but, in the mornings I will put on my Keds and make the trek to beautiful Antibes ... and relax in the sand, closing my eyes and just drifting off ...


I enjoyed painting this painting ... Le Musicien ... it was a gift to Jean Leonetti, Monsieur le Maire AND now the Minister of European Affairs ... way to go Jean !!


This painting of the Marche Provencal was a gift to my friend Patricia ... I very much look forward to hearing her stories and spending time with her. We love to walk far, talk about life, make salads ... after the devestating robbery I had nothing left ... Patricia, in addition to other friends, was kind and helpful ... and this has made all the difference ...

My Funny Valentine ... the engagement day of my parents ... and then I also was born on Valentine's Day ...

Les Voiles d'Antibes ... this painting hangs in a special place in Antibes

The 'Orchid Shop'. I was overflowing with joy ... and I was sooo pleased with this painting ... It looks like how I felt ... happy.

This was my first painting after the terrible robbery. I find it difficult to view this painting and speak about it without reliving it ... so ... 'nuff said ...

So ... beautiful Antibes that I love so much. I come back to you ... I look forward to walking your crooked narrow streets, smelling the aroma of your perfumed air, being overwhelmed by your beautiful structures, being seduced by your food and wine ... and seeing la Mer once again. ... maybe THIS time my future French husband will finally find me !!! ;-)

à bientôt

Why I love Antibes ... (click here s'il vous plait)

Merci beaucoup Christopher for publishing these beautiful and sensitive moments of Antibes, France ...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home