Tuesday, July 05, 2011

More painting in Schwaebisch Gmuend

Yesterday was another wonderful painting day in my wonderful painting atelier !! Here's what I do ... set up my computer with my reference photos, turn on my iPod docking station, set up my easel and paints ... listen to the 'Chocolat' soundtrack and paint for hours.

Soooo .... don't be alarmed ... this painting isn't finished. And, I'm still not 100 percent sure of the direction that I am going in ... but I wanted this series to be fun and exciting ... but also of good quality. I think I have the 'fun and exciting' part ok, but ... still workin' on that quality thing.

Last night after painting, I stopped in at the Musikschule (music school). My girlfriend Julia plays cello in the Schwaebisch Gmuend orchestra. The orchestra played selections from Haydn and Schubert ... incredible !!!! Sooo ... while I was there, I was envisioning my possible future exhibition ... hmmm ... I figured three 18" x 18" paintings, eight 40" x 32" paintings and one huge painting .... so let me see ... I have one painting finished ... eeeeesh !! I had better get crackin' as my Mom and Dad would have said !!!

unfinished detail of 'The parade of the 60s'.


So you can kind of see where I'm going with this. Paintings with color and humor, but still showing some of the preliminary drawing ... that's just to keep the spontaneity.

Now, if you have any suggestions, opinions, observations, ideas ... or maybe a burning desire to purchase these for your restaurant or music school, just drop me a line. I'd be happy to oblige.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home