Sunday, July 03, 2011

Gmuender Art, July 2nd, Schwaebisch Gmuend

This is the parade for the 70 year olds ... there's just one more left for the summer - that's next weekend for the 80 year olds. For this photo, I climbed upstairs at the Paulaner pub. I wanted to give you a good idea of just HOW MANY people come out each Saturday to cheer on those in the birthday parade. It's pretty amazing ... and full of good cheer ... as you can see !!

In addition to the 70s parade, Schwaebisch Gmuend celebrated Gmuender Art 2011. It was pretty fantastic. Music everywhere ... and I mean everywhere. Live music in the pubs, in the market, in the platzes, in the ateliers. And artists everywhere ... painting, carving, exhibiting. Such an incredibly interesting town !!! .... but .... my favorite moment was with the ... chickens !!

These were the three chickens strolling the streets and doing incredible comedy routines. There were two roosters and a hen - and besides being sooo funny, they were great musicians !!! Notice the feet - how clever.

I wish they would come to Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA ... they would be a riot !!! They never left character ... I wish I had it on video because I couldn't begin to describe their performance. Just trust me on this ... hilarious !

This is the hen after the large rooster had his 'way' with her -

... she first laid a banana ... and, later a large egg which happened to be a musical instrument.

Then they played a little Brahms, fell asleep ... and then with a jolt, they startled themselves awake and scurried off down the street ... for another performance ... BRAVO Chickens !!!

I stopped by another place on the Market place and a man was singing 'Nessum Dorma' at the Italian area ... notice the cute tiny car.

Oompah band at the Market place by the Paulaner pub

And, after a long and adverturous two days, I'm also ready for sleep ...
Guten Nacht Schwaebisch Gmuend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home